Who holds you? Who tells you that you're pretty enough or smart enough or that you're good enough? Is it your boyfriend? Is it your parents? Is it your boss? Is it your friends on Facebook that "like" your new profile picture? Or is it your Father?
Our society, especially women in our society, are searching for all of those answers to those questions in the wrong places. There's only one entity that matters, who says, "you're good enough just as you are - broken, alone, insecure, scared - you know why? Because I AM good enough for you." that's God our Father.
People, us women, search for the answers to the wrong questions. "Why am I single? Why am I alone? Will someone, like a boyfriend or husband, love me and hold me close? Who will protect me? Who will be my knight in shining armor that will come rescue me and sweep me off my feet?" Get the idea? We ask ourselves these variations of these questions over and over and wonder why we're lonely and need someone to just wrap their arms around us. But, you know who does answer ALL (and I MEAN) all of those questions? God our Father does, once again.
You see, God as our Father is enough. And, if we're still asking ourselves all of those above questions, we're still missing out on all that He has to offer. He has ALREADY DONE ALL OF THOSE THINGS!!! If you think that your future husband or boyfriend is going to fulfill all of 1 Corinthians 13, keep your spirits high (I'm doing the same thing haha) but just know, God is ALREADY all of 1 Corinthians 13!!! He was 2000+ years ago and He still is today! It's amazing how "with the Lord a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:8-9).
Do you see?!?!? He's WAITING FOR YOU TO GET TO KNOW HIM!!! That's why we're still here on this earth until we all face Him on Judgement Day. His followers are here to spread this good news to those that don't know about Him yet! God's waiting for YOU to come around.
Ok, sorry, I got a little off track, in a good direction, but now back to what I was saying.
So if you're still waiting for Mr. or Mrs. Right, just realize that God's Fatherly qualities answer all of your questions AND He's actually the one waiting for YOU. He's the only one that can truly satisfy our desire for love and rid us of our loneliness and hopes for a relationship because a relationship with Him is the only relationship that truly matters.
So I read this post last night and then was reading the Word just a little while later. Of course, the passage I started to read perfectly reinforced what I just read in your blog. It was Mark chapter 8, most specifically verses 14-21. This is where Jesus has just, for the second time, fed a few thousand people with only a few loaves. No sooner than the disciples and Jesus are back in the boat, the disciples make a comment about not having any bread. After Jesus reminds them of the two very recent times he fed thousands and at the end there was still bread LEFT OVER, he says in verse 21, "Do you still not understand?". First of all, it amazes me that the disciples who are in Jesus's presence and have just seen Jesus perform many miracles could still forget that Jesus meets all their needs!! So it is no wonder that I forget that God already has provided all I need, my daily bread, and yet I look elsewhere for fulfillment. Like you said, we just need to get to know Him!
ReplyDeleteThen today, I am reading the Word and another great verse screams out at me about all this.
Deuteronomy 6:5 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."
Previously, I had just taken this verse as "Love the Lord your God a lot." But today, I saw that there is a reason that there are three different and important ways to love him listed. So I thought about what each one meant in terms of how I can love God in my life. Well, the first thing I thought of concerning loving God with all my HEART was pursuing him as he pursues me, joyfully seeking his companionship and protection as the great Romancer of my life. He wants our heart, not just our obedience. And there isn't anyone or anything else in all the universe that will protect and cherish ALL, every last bit, of our hearts like God.
I wanted to share these passages with you! Your thoughts totally got me started on this great journey in the Word. Thanks girl!